Saturday, August 3, 2013

More program changes and pictures

Before I show off my latest Photoshop work, an important announcement: A new date has been set for BMN Superfan season 2 - August 11, which is one week from tomorrow.  I will detail a new grand-prize package with the first post, and also cast 14 new contestants.  I can tell you that Deb Holmes, Brooke Liptrap, and Kimberly "ButtaFly" Wimberly will be transferred from Wear It Out to BMN Superfan.  Other cast members will include Adam Brister and Bobbington Brandt.  As for Wear It Out, I have deleted the posts and maybe I'll try it again either late this year or early next year.  It's an intriguing concept, but the timing was wrong, especially with the two shows they are based on - Project Runway and America's Next Top Model - are both now in season.

Now for the photo gallery.  Up first is an improvement of the B.O.M.B. publicity picture I put up this past spring.  In this version, Bunky is wearing a different shirt (he's an actual fan of the Chicago White Sox, this is not an urban fashion statement), his stomach is much flatter, and the "sunlight" bouncing off his hair has been covered up.


Up next, I revisit my favorite double entendre phrase, "blow me."  This time, it's on Hambone's dress; I made it as a tribute to her irresistible "redneck woman" look.  As was the case with the billboard I made last year, the basis was a still photograph from a video to Pink's song "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)."  (By the way, I have an even better idea for another song called "Blow Me" than the Kim Strickland version I made up a few months ago.  It's a "vocalese" (poetry/jazz) song by Wimberly telling the story of a "horn dog," or saxophone player, who rises from street performer to superstar.  As soon as I write the words to it, I'll put it up.)



Finally, I have simulated a puzzle from an obscure game show which I love, Now You See It.  The hidden-word game show was seen on CBS in two versions, once in 1974-75 and the other in 1989.  The puzzle I made up is based on the 1989 version, which had a round in which contestants had to find six answers that fit certain categories.  Here, the subject is Barefoot family members as featured in the cast of Gone Barefoot.  I'm sure you all know who they are if you've spent any amount of time here, but the question is: Does this puzzle make it hard to find their names?

No comments:

Post a Comment