Friday, October 25, 2013

A 'movie star' and a clown in the family

This week's additions to my Photoshop collection feature B.W.'s mother and brother.

As I have implied earlier, Brenda loves circuses, carnivals, and everything having to do with them.  And one of the things she has always wanted to be is a clown.  Here, she poses for such a picture just outside the family home.  The suit I found at Party City's website among hundreds of available costumes for sale in time for Halloween, and that's the same place I found the clown nose and horn.  Hands and feet are from the usual sources - the Brittany Barefoot senior party picture on Facebook and the barefoot lady on the roadside in Pennsylvania.  I made separate layers for the facial makeup.

In my summary of season 2 of Gone Barefoot, I mentioned the mock-up movie poster representing Bryson's love of cowboy culture and Western entertainment, and here is what it looks like.  Some explanations for the various parts: Las Positas, from the title, means "little wildflowers" in Spanish and I took it from a name of a community college in Livermore, CA on the edge of the San Francisco Bay Area.  Bubba Brister and Marianne Muellerleile I wrote about before; Corey MacWillie was the lead singer of betaBOOZEbrain, written about here; and "Robin-Lynn McClean" came from a phone directory (she lived in Arlington, VA).  "Great stories live for generations" is derived from a slogan used in my city of residence, Lakewood, CA, and also represents a potential revival of the Western genre.  Bryson was also dressed up in a Party City costume, the horse came from the Discover America website, and the backdrop photo was taken in the ghost town of Bodie, CA.   "Blackie Films" is suggested by the new Barefoot Family Farm mascot unveiled on the current season of BMN Superfan.



No comments:

Post a Comment