Sunday, October 7, 2012

My "Biddy" and her remarkable backstory

While updating the Barefoot family profiles, I came across a reference I made to Mary Elizabeth McBiddlewhiskers.  She is the guardian angel God put in charge of Idealia.  Her responsibilities include assigning family members to their proper location, arranging for the objects they will need, and keeping watch over any places that are left vacant, usually as a result of distant trips for work or holidays.

The person I would have playing "Biddy" is Marianne Muellerleile.  She may well be the best actress you've never heard of.  In a career spanning over 30 years, Muellerleile has had bit parts in scores of movies, television shows, and commercials.  In my estimation, she has deserved better.  Her unusual name and great sense of humor should have made her a huge sitcom or comedic movie star, but the opportunities just never came.

You can see her complete career history here.

No comments:

Post a Comment