Saturday, November 23, 2013

On a dismal day, Hambone and a letter cheer me up

To paraphrase a famous line from the classic movie Casablanca, of all the days to leave my USB drive inserted in a school computer as I leave school, it would be today.  After this, ABC Adult School (and for that matter, the entire school district) is closed until Dec. 2 because of Thanksgiving.  That's longest than most, if not all, other districts in my area.

When I realized what I did, I asked if at least the office would be open on Monday so I could retrieve the drive.  The answer, unfortunately, was no.  Nor could the district send it back to me by mail, which was my next idea.  I was even willing to give out my home address in front of a lot of mall shoppers, where I was at the time.  Oy!

As a result, I can't share any of my schoolwork from the week.  However, I uncovered something I did at home last week in the middle of the night, and it's the latest (and hopefully last) in the series starring my favorite double-entendre phrase, "blow me."  It all started with a single from Pink in 2012, "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)," a title that got me intrigued, even though it frankly shouldn't have.  It led to this, and this, and somewhere along the line, Hambone wearing a dress with the same image that was from my first link.


And now this: Hambone herself, while in a pink-colored see-through halter top, says the two-word phrase.  Although it seems to be an invitation to oral sex, those who read the small print carefully know that her intentions are far more innocent.  (For those who can't read it, it says "a big, wet kiss.")  It's certainly more cheerful that Pink's song was, which was about a bitter breakup.



Speaking of cheer, just minutes after I realized the USB was still at ABC, I came across a "mailbox" at the aforementioned mall, Lakewood Center.  That box is accepting letters addressed to active and retired military personnel.  For mine, I chose Bud Moore, a member of the NASCAR Hall of Fame as a team owner and engine builder.  Moore was part of the invasion force at Normandy on "D-Day," June 6, 1944.  By writing to Moore, I not only thanked him for his service, but also did something good to get my mind off my little crisis.  And believe me, it's tiny compared to what happened at Normandy and all the other battles Americans have fought at war, before and since.

No comments:

Post a Comment