Saturday, January 31, 2015

So much for flu-like symptoms...

Unfortunately, I have not felt my best this week.  On Monday, I went ahead with taking my line-dance class at ABC Adult School despite a headache, sore throat, and a sudden spike in body temperature which made me feel cold.  By early Tuesday morning, all that was unbearable, and that day I was rushed to a clinic.  There, a diagnosis of flu-like symptoms (why not the flu itself, that's what it amounts to for me) was made and I missed every other class this past week.  I hope to return this coming week after extensive treatments and medication.

In the meantime, I know that my second family can always cheer me up.  So it should come as no surprise that I somehow found the strength to create these two projects. 

Up first is one I completed just minutes ago, which shows Hambone's first-ever car, a 2007 Dodge Charger.  No doubt she was inspired by the Duke cousins' version -  the "General Lee" - as featured in The Dukes of Hazzard.)  This was purchased from her "kin" at Barefoot's Auto Mart in Dunn, NC.  The location I dropped her and the car into could either be the backyard of where "the 13" live or the frontyard of where her father, Popeye, and his 10 brothers and sisters grew up in.  (In fact, the picture is a Google Maps snapshot of 11390 North Carolina 50 in Meadow, once home to a real Alonzo Barefoot.)




Now I bring to you a publicity photo relating to the scene on episode 9, season 5 of Gone Barefoot.  As I have written, a massive recreational outing was arranged for most of the Barefoot family performers just before their show in New Jerusalem; it took place at Matt's American Boardwalk and bowling was one of the activities that took place.  This particular game has Popeye and the members of the Barefoot Mommas' Club, and I would have them in this pose before play begins.  The faces of the five replace those of actual bowlers in a seniors' league at Buffaloe Lanes in Erwin, NC, as published in The Daily Record.

No comments:

Post a Comment