Saturday, July 19, 2014

My new book is not ready - yet

This is the post in which I had hoped to announce the sale of the One Family Together Forever photo book, published with the help of Lulu.

However, as I opened Lulu Studio, the cloud-based editing program it uses, I realized that the photo book template does not allow for exact replication of a file I had done on Microsoft Word, the program I had used to upload my two previous book projects.  The solution I originally had was to drag and drop the photos I had collected and placed in the original file in the template provided, but Lulu does not allow for this.  Instead, I have to find the pictures - again - and upload them to the server.  With my DSL connection, it typically takes about a minute for Lulu to complete the process for each picture.

Worse, on Thursday - the first day I officially started work on it -  I was disconnected from the cloud four times as Lulu apparently had a bad day.  This is the error message I received each time:

I hope to get an explanation sometime next week.  In the meantime, I resumed on Friday and encountered no similar problems.

The upshot is that I have completed only a little more than half of the book - namely, the introduction, parts about the 13 characters in the house, and the first two pictures in the section about the property.  I will likely not return to the project until Monday, and maybe by Tuesday I'll complete it.

Believe me, once it's done all the ordering information will be right here at this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment