Friday, April 11, 2014

New photo book in the works

Some weeks ago, just before the Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400 took place at Auto Club Speedway here in the Los Angeles area, I received a telephone call from one of my cousins, Freddie Maxie.  She told me that the owner of a store which hosted a show car display was planning to share information on the sale of the book that spun off into this blog.   (A show car is built exactly like an actual race car, but it is intended for display only.  One example is the one below, the #18 car driven by Kyle Busch; it's at M&M's World in Las Vegas, coincidentally Busch's hometown.)  Maxie then asked me if I had any plans for another book.  I told her that I did not, but if I changed my mind, it would most likely be a photo book.

After some more thoughts, that is exactly what I plan to do.  Sometime this summer, my third book will be published through Lulu.com.  It will be a collection of my work through Photoshop, Illustrator, and other related programs.  In my judgement, this is the best way for me to explain to a larger audience what the Barefoot family is all about.  Of course, most of the book will contain pictures, but I will also have short summaries of what is being depicted and I will also explain exactly how these illustrations were put together.

I will continue to create new pictures and montages through the end of the school year at ABC Adult School, then put them all together.  The plan is to have both a print edition and another for tablets and e-readers.

And here's one of the montages you'll see there.  It's the only one I created using Photoshop this week, and it's a redo of an earlier "promotional poster" of Hambone's TV series, What the Buck?  For this modification, I changed whatever was mounted on the wall (a map?) with a picture I created of Hambone's immediate family: herself, her brothers Ralph and Harvey, and her parents Popeye and Annie.  Below that is a replica license plate with my favorite two-word entendre phrase printed on it.  (Somehow, I doubt the state of North Carolina would accept a real plate with those words on it.)  The font is Orator Standard, which is the closest I could find to what states use to engrave plates.


No comments:

Post a Comment