Saturday, March 1, 2014

Back to Photoshop

While my work continues on the mythical Barefoot Family Farm website, I was able to steal some time out of classes to create two more works from Photoshop.  (See, I told you that I was not done with it yet!)

The first is a new promotional photograph for the second season of What the Buck?, the "reality comedy" starring Reba Pearl, a/k/a Hambone.  Last season, I had her pose outside of Camp Paradise with four of Buddy Wayne's cousins.  At the time, the cousins owned the 220-acre hunting ground in Four Oaks, about four miles north of the main family residence.  This time, the photo is inside the headquarters lodge, reflecting Hambone's purchase and her pride of ownership.  She is standing in front of her office desk beneath, of course, a buck's head.  For this, I made Hambone out of a second photograph of Alyssa Barefoot's face (this time in her car heading for Outback Steakhouse), a casual girls' T-shirt I recolored with camouflage, full coveralls, and of course bare feet.  The hunting lodge actually exists and is located in Montana.



The other picture was one I frankly didn't expect to make.  It came out of a lesson that Nabawia Olivera had in my After Effects class.  Part of that class showed how to find photographs to work into a project using the special-effects creation program, and she decided to show us the flickr website on which people can post their photos.  User ps76df had a cool picture which I found by typing the word "barefoot" into the search box.  The original picture showed a woman in a rollicking pose while showing the pink flip-flops she removed; I loved it so much that I decided to re-create it with Brookie, a 15-year-old second cousin of B.W. (B.W.'s grandfather, Alfred Sr. and Brookie's, Noah Sr., are brothers).  I took Brookie's face from another Photoshop file and then erased enough of the picture to reveal the hair from the woman originally depicted.  The clone-stamp tool was used to remove the shoes, as well as two other persons in the background.  Finally, I then added a caption including where the shot would have been taken.  It's in a marshy area of Camp Paradise, most likely duck-hunting grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment