Friday, January 24, 2014

Some more work as my class time winds down

With only one week left before I leave Photoshop class at ABC Adult School for good, I have two more pictures to share with you.

First is the cover of Black Crow on the Window, the new "mystery novel" written by Annie, B.W.'s great-uncle's wife.  This is the book I introduced here as Black Crow in the Window.  I changed the title here because the description I originally gave was not grammatically correct.  The crow (an illustration I picked up from Greeting Card Factory, made by a company based near March Air Reserve Base near Riverside, CA) is actually perched on the window sill.  To be "in the window," the bird had to be inside the house.  The window was from a classroom file, with the color changed to one resembling copper.  A pitch-black sky completes the atmosphere for the book cover.




Then, just this morning, I completed a second version of a photograph with the Plumpkins, mentioned here among other places before.  In the last picture, I simply superimposed the family members over a shot of a meadow.  Here, the montage is more realistic as I have placed them on ground level outside the barn in which they would live.  Full names are also included in the caption for all four, and all roll off the tongue so beautifully: Lulabettie Mae, Bunkley Ray, LaBloodrick Lorenzo, and La'BooTeasha Blondell.

No comments:

Post a Comment