Friday, January 31, 2014

End of an era in Photoshop class

What you are about to see is the final thing I created as a student in Photoshop class at ABC Adult School.  I would like to thank Brady Poirier for being not only my instructor, but also my friend and conscience over the last two years.  He never passed judgment on me, no matter how ridiculous my ideas were, and for that I will always love him.  I am confident that we will somehow cross paths many times in the future.

As I wrote in the caption, this is "My Big Fat Redneck Wedding."  The title is derived from the mid-1990s cult hit movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and like in the movie, this Southern version is as much a celebration of a way of life than a ceremony.  Yes, the bride and groom share the same last name, as they are third cousins; the bride's and groom's great-grandfathers are brothers Oysbert and Oliver Barefoot, respectively.  The wedding would have been held at Camp Paradise, which Hambone owns in Four Oaks, NC, and seen on my spinoff show What the Buck? when it premiered on Sep. 4, 2013.

The couple can't wait to put their bare feet into the mud, which if redneck superstition holds means that they have just married.  Otherwise, it would have been bad luck as no part of their bodies are supposed to be dirty until that moment.

Once again, it's been great and if I can think to make any more of these at home, I'll be glad to do it.  Whatever happens, this blog will continue with whatever I can think of.

(Outfits courtesy of camoformal.com)






No comments:

Post a Comment