Saturday, December 7, 2013

A fun four pack

Good news: This week, my USB drive is with me, and therefore I can finally share the fake-out ad for What the Buck? that I promised two long weeks ago:


And that's not all.  Far from it.

During the week-long break at the end of November, I created a project with a fictional character and a real member of the original Mickey Mouse Club.  I then came back with another montage this week upon my return to school.


First, here's LaBloodrick "Bam Bam" Plumpkin, who made a cameo appearance earlier with his family (it's somewhere on the site, I just can't find it unfortunately at the moment).  Plumpkin is on a youth football team called the Boogers, named for the mythical half-big cat, half-dog character that is part of Southern mythology.  Here is a plaque that would have been presented to him upon making the team.  The uniform is the same as that of the Jacksonville Jaguars, except I changed the color using hue and saturation.  I changed the name plate to one from the Baltimore Ravens' home uniform.  The helmet comes from a file my teacher, Brady Poirier, left on his drive and which I copied, and the logo is that of the Carolina Panthers'.


Billie Jean Beanblossom, who has one of the coolest real names I've seen in show business, was a minor player on the first season of the original Mickey Mouse Club, which was 1955-1956.  She was born in Texas, but her family moved to California when she was four.  Ironically, Billie Matay (her new name upon marriage) later sued Disneyland for a parking-lot incident.  This is a "colorized" picture of Beanblossom based on the original publicity photo provided by Disney.


And now for the piece de resistance.  Every semester, Poirier has us change a daytime picture to a nighttime one and decorate it with Christmas lights.  This time, instead of using the photo he provided, I used the Barefoot family house and made it come alive for the holiday season.  Not only that, I made it into a "video capture" of a mythical TV special, Christmas Mania.  The "people" seen through the windows are a number of carolers in the Baltimore area that I converted into the McLamb Madrigals, a local group of young singers who entertain every year at this time.  They are Rebecca and Rachel on the top row, and LaRetta, LaRayne, and LaRae on the bottom.  My original idea was to have them outside the house, but the photo was taken from the waist up and I could find no way to blend into the photo from any part of the exterior.  Once I made the decision to put them inside, I erased some features and lowered the opacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment