Friday, September 21, 2012

Buddy Wayne's diary: The first entry

At last, the first entry from Buddy Wayne Barefoot, leader of Heaven's clan of Barefoots.  He shares what his first full day there was like.

I've only been here for a few days, but I must say that this place is all I expected it to be.  Words cannot adequately describe the beauty that surrounds my farm.  The loblolly pines are all in the right places, the creek is clean and pure, and the soil is as fertile as it gets.  There's no reason whatever to change a thing, and that's what heaven is all about.

Meeting Bryson was the greatest thrill of my life, more than any championship or award I won in my previous life, even more than either of my marriages.  I cannot wait to spend all the time with my new "little brother" that I can afford.  On the other hand, he'll have to learn absolutely everything, since he died at only a few weeks old the first time he was alive.  Thankfully, he will get a lot of support, not only from me but also from Brenda and to a lesser extent Bobby [Ray] and Belinda.

Bunky is the wild card.   The good thing is, he has forever to figure out his place in the "new old" world we all inhabit.  The bad thing is, I don't know how long it will take for him to adapt, or exactly what he'll do.  For now, he's in the barn cleaning the animals, but my eventual plan is to train him to ride the carriages.  The carriages, of course, won't get even close to the speed of race cars, but in our environment, it'll have to do.

As for the rest of the family, it was great eating dinner with them last night and finding out more about their stories.  What topped the list was that Popeye supplied one of his boats to help supply the army of God that won the battle at Armageddon.  It was another reason we all felt we won that great event that literally changed the course of history.  But some of the other things we learned were cool, also - Harvey as the state high school wrestling semifinalist, Annie's love of wildflowers, Brandy showing her ring as a Stanley Cup champion, and Reba Pearl playing songs with only her body.

I would also be remiss in not pointing out my responsibilities as it relates to the media.  I write and compile the stories in the Barefoot Bugle, our weekly newsletter.  We make multiple copies using a Gutenberg-era printing press and distribute them throughout the Idealian land.  Also, thanks to foresighted "hidden camera" technology, our adventures are seen all over the world on the new series Buddy Wayne: Coming Home.


The Barefoot family business is now officially open.  The eternal adventure begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment