Sunday, May 3, 2015

Barefoot Mommas' Club revisited

Two months ago, I redid a photo of Kay Robertson of the A&E series Duck Dynasty and her fellow members of a "muffins for mom" social club into a supersized version of my Barefoot Mommas Club, as seen below.


However, upon closer inspection, there was a significant problem: The photo was slanted at an angle above ground level, and was blurry.  Even though I cloned the source picture, it could have looked a whole lot better.

Then I stumbled on a solution: On my way back from a recent visit to a local optometrist, I walked to a library that is part of the Los Angeles County system and checked out Miss Kay's Duck Commander Kitchen, the same book I used for the source.  This time, since I took it home, I could tear the picture on page 150 out, put it on a scanner I have at home, and save it to my hard drive so I can use it in Photoshop.  (Don't worry, I will reattach the page before I send it back to the library.:))

At that point, I did what I did before, assigning faces for my 24 characters and placing them on top of the bodies of the actual subjects.  The difference this time is that the resulting picture looks better since the background photo is closer in appearance to the original than the "picture of a picture" I took in a bookstore where the lighting was just too bright.

Here's how it looks now:

No comments:

Post a Comment