Saturday, March 7, 2015

Barefoot Mommas Club doubles in size!

Occasionally over the few years of this blog's existence, I have chronicled the Barefoot Mommas Club, a group of women that meet to make crafts, share stories, and have fun.  At first, I limited the group to the four
oldest females who live in the farm house - Brenda, Annie, Jennifer, and Brandy.  As a reminder, here they are quilting.








I then tripled the membership to 12 for a 1920s-themed party; I added Rozelle, Elma, Ila Ruth, Allene, Patsy, Janice, Betty Lou, and Myrtle, as seen here.




That was it for me - until I saw a book in both a local library and at Barnes & Noble called Miss Kay's Duck Commander Kitchen.  It's one of the many literary offerings by members of the Robertson family as seen on the A&E series Duck Dynasty.  On page 150 of that book is a "muffins for moms" group photo.  Among those in the photo is Kay Carroway Robertson a/k/a Miss Kay, wife of Phil, mother of Willie, Jase, and Jep, and sister-in-law of Si. (Here's how an invitation to such an event typically looks like.)

I ended up creating a "copy of a copy" by taking a photograph of that page at Barnes & Noble.  In addition, store lighting reflected off the picture; I tried all I could but every part of the store had that lighting.  All these led to a picture-quality problem that I have to apologize for - and also had to work around.   I did so with the clone stamp tool and a slight brightening of my copy.

Once that was done, I substituted the four original members, the eight from my first expansion, and 12 new "characters" from another expansion for the people in Miss Kay's group.  The new "mommas" are Michelle (someone I identified as "ldbaltimore," but could not determine her real name), Deborah (Anne Marie Dingleberry of Endicott, NY), Lela Pearl (Taylor Barefoot, Four Oaks, NC), Rowena (Jennifer Brister), Mary Lee (Rebecca Matter, CEO of American Writers and Artists Incorporated), Barbara (real estate agent Robinette McLeroy), Pam (Mindy McHorse, professional copywriter and publisher of, ironically, The Barefoot Writer), Rhonda (British recording artist Susan Boyle), Teresa (Diane Dubois, city council member here in Lakewood, CA), Parlia (Mrs. Sam Patton, wife of a Southern gospel artist), Alma (Brenda MacDonald), and Beth (Elizabeth Barefoot).

Here is the splendid result:


This is the largest group photo montage I've ever made, as well as the most challenging.  But as long as everyone in it is happy, I don't mind at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment