Saturday, August 9, 2014

My work's never done - new "shots" of Hambone, Bear

Just before I've finished my photo book does not mean that I have run out of ideas to depict the people, places, and events of my "second family."  Two examples are here: Hambone, who now owns Camp Paradise, and Bear, who was the founder.

First, I have noticed that the fashion for young women is to wear "hip-hugger" shorts.  Obviously, I have none in my clothing collection, but I have found a suitable substitute in my Arizona Jeans.  I shrunk them and moved them up in my body as far as I could, then went to a picture as seen on page 44 of How to Cheat in Photoshop CS6 which shows a tourist's entire leg, including kneecap, which is what I needed.  At that point, I used clone stamp and adjustment layers to make the tourist's legs into Hambone's, and also to merge them with the "Wonderland" foot I've used so many times.   The result is below:

The other montage I created is that of Bear to mark his status as a veteran of the United States Army.  Some years ago, a blogger named Laura Barefoot O'Connell shared the tag she wore when she was in the National Guard some years earlier.  Unfortunately, the blog has been shut down, but I preserved it on my hard drive and can use it for personal projects.  Again, I rely on How to Cheat for the background photo; this time it's on page 36.  I cropped it from the original picture of an Army general with Sarah Palin.  I'm sure some people will find a hidden meaning in that!  Anyway, the original had a big shadow, so I moved the brightness way up to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment