Saturday, June 14, 2014

My last work from class

First of all, I must come clean: I did not attend ABC Adult School on Friday and don't plan to return for the last few days.  No doubt I had Nabby, one of my followers on Google+, as well as some of my classmates, worried.  The reason is that I was relying on the original schedule for the fourth quarter, which was supposed to end on Thursday but instead has been extended well into next week.  No reason has been stated publicly, but California law requires schools to meet for a minimum number of days between September of one year and June of the next.  Earlier this week, we took five days off around Thanksgiving, and some bureaucrat must have thought it was too long.  That means missing out of next Tuesday's end-of-class party for my afternoon class, but oh well.

Before the week was out, I completed one final project in school.  It is the second time I have put together mythical sportscaster Rhett Jeffers, B.W., and Bobby Ray (the first time was the picture shown at right to commemorate "Movember"); this time, they are in more natural surroundings.  I had them replace Fox broadcasters Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds, and Darrell Waltrip in a pose based on a television still before the 2014 Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.  The replacement faces are Colorado real-estate agent Kelly McBartlett, Travis Sampson, and Bubba Britton.

Since the original photograph was a trapezoid shape, based on trying to find the right lighting for the capture (to avoid it being too bright), it was cropped with clone stamping to cover up the angle difference.  Cloning was also used to replace an over-exposed portion on the top right corner and to account for differences in some face sizes.  The BMN TV logo (my made-up network) replaces that of Fox Sports.

Now it's on to assembling the photo book in earnest.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment