Saturday, May 10, 2014

More porch photo previews

Here are three more of the individual family "pictures" I have created in advance of my upcoming photo book.

First up is Bobby Ray, which I resaved on Monday as promised.  As with his brother Buddy Wayne, Bobby now has a resized head to fix proportional problems that existed before.  Also, as with his wife Jennifer, he is modeling the new Barefoot Family Farm crest which replaced the original crest and represents the family business.



As with his two brothers, Bryson also had an issue with head-and-body proportion.  I had to go back to the original picture which I had saved earlier, create a separate selection of the head and reduce it, and put it back on Bryson's body.   (I used the eraser tool to get rid of most of the original head.)  I also got rid of a torso that seemed to protrude from the rest of his body; this was the consequence of using a washed-out video image of Tim Woods - from the reality series Moonshiners, on Discovery Channel - which had that look.


Finally, there's a three-way costume change involving all three of Popeye and Annie's children.  Here, I will present what Ralph looks like now.  In the official group picture, Ralph is wearing a football jersey, but now I have him in a camouflage pattern T-shirt that better reflects one part of his love for the outdoors, his passion for bow hunting.  The caption I wrote, "BOW TO THE BOW," is an example of a homonym, two words that are spelled the same but have different pronunciations.  The first word is a verb meaning to submit (pronounced like "how") and the second refers to the weapon used in bow hunting (pronounced like "no").  The "picture" of a deer is actually taken from a photo of the grave containing the body of Burness Brister of Vidor, TX.  (Ironically, his nickname was "Bubba," as in my character Bubba Brister.)

No comments:

Post a Comment