Saturday, May 18, 2013

New relatives of B.W. and some special guests

Here's the post I promised all of you last week.

One of my favorite shows on television is the "reality" series 19 Kids and Counting.  It is about Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of northwestern Arkansas and their very large number of children, one of whom is now himself a father of two (with another on the way).  It airs on the U.S. non-broadcast network TLC and season five is now underway.   Another 19-child family, the Bates' of eastern Tennessee, received a spinoff series United Bates of America which aired at the end of last calendar year.

Furthermore, I have seen several obituaries from a real-life Barefoot family in North Carolina whose parents, Willie C. and Eva, produced 17 kids.  (And they were sharecroppers, according to one of those obituaries, so that house was really crowded!)

I took all of those bases together - and my belief that, to quote one of the AT&T Mobility commercials, that if "some is good, then more is better" - to create a 20-child family, descended from one of Popeye's brothers, Labell, and his wife, "Allene the Baby Machine."  As I mentioned last week, Labell is therefore a great-uncle of Buddy Wayne's (as by the way are four brothers of theirs, including Alfred E., father of Alfred W., B.W.'s dreaded birth father).

To create the photograph, I used Photoshop to make a selection of the Duggars, taken from the opening sequence of the TV program.  I then fitted the heads I wanted in place of those of the Duggars.  The picture and caption identifying the family members are below this post.

Here's who you actually see in my latest Photoshop creation:
  • As mentioned last week, Labell and Allene are played by, respectively, David Barefoot and Jill McLamb Barefoot.
  • Chiropractor Billie Barefoot, whose practice is in suburban Phoenix, plays the oldest child, Benny.
  • Brandy Rapp (again, see last week's madrigal entry) is Deborah, the oldest daughter.
  • Another returnee, LPGA golfer Brooke Pancake, has the "role" of Peggy; however, thanks to Photoshop, I was able to turn her blonde hair brunette.
  • Twins Donnie and Ronnie are Britt Barefoot, the former Southern Miss punter/placekicker.  (See my real life Barefoots list for more on him.)
  • Noah Barefoot, whose family owns Barefoot's Auto Mart, plays Tony.
  • Tammy is one of Brittany Ramos' two children.
  • Her fraternal twin, Timmy, may or may not be Bubba Wimberly.  (I retrieved a photo of a boy playfully choked by what appears to be her sister, which I was able to isolate when I made my photo.  It has since been removed and may indeed actually have been on this page instead.)
  • Brett Snowball, a youth baseball player in British Columbia, has the "role" of Terry.  (Aside: Shouldn't Snowball be playing a winter sport instead?  Then again, maybe he does and I don't know it.)
  • Addison ?, who was Belinda for a few minutes in 2012 before she was replaced, picks up the "role" of Lovie.  (I also made her brunette.)
  • Playing the "role" of Lollie is Harnett County, NC, schoolkid Dae Barefoot.
  • Another Harnett County local, Jackson Barefoot, is my Ricky.
  • Tyler Barefoot, a current high-school student and football player, is who I selected for Randy.
  • The four youngest kids I can't identify, but are in a file on my hard drive called "iftheyreboundin," in turn based on a word puzzle on the 2007 game show Camouflage, in which the correct answers were hidden from left to right, sometimes on multiple lines.  More information on this puzzle can be found in this post.
  • Finally, I have "cast" two of the real-life Duggars - I believe Jana and Jessa - as Ola and Vallie, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment