Saturday, May 11, 2013

A whole mess of new pictures

Happy Mother's Day to all for which it applies!

Meanwhile, I continue to imagine what my world would be like, and I have a whole lot more coming up between now and the end of class in mid-June.  I'll explain why that's important when the time comes.  For now, here are several more "pictures" of life in and around the house:


First up is a "quilting bee" of the oldest female members of the Barefoot family.  I think I've shown them before, but there's some "news" about them; my in-house TV network would debut a new show with them this coming Sunday (yes, that's Mother's Day) which is a spinoff of the main program Goin' Barefoot.  It will be called Brenda's Brood, after the nickname of the group.


Next is a "Christmas in May" picture I completed just today.  The McLamb Madrigals are an all-girl vocal chorale group that sings everything from classical to doo-wop and even some current songs a cappella.  Here, they are singing Christmas carols.  They are LaRae (played by high-school graduate Brandy Rapp) and Rebecca (teenage girl in Baltimore area, name unknown) on the top row, and LaRetta (former contestant on The Amazing Race whose name I sadly didn't record, listed on my personal files as "Brooke Booker"), Rachel (softball player Brittany Black), and LaRayne (country singer Brittany McLamb) on the bottom row.  They are two sets of siblings (Rachel, Rebecca; LaRae, LaRetta, LaRayne) and all are second cousins of Buddy Wayne Barefoot.


Also from the last week or so is a picture of Brandy, who has just completed ballroom dancing classes.  She is here with parents Lauren and Daniel, brother Bunky, and their instructor, Rebecca Peacock.


Finally, although I don't have a Photoshop picture of Allene Young Barefoot and his "husband" Labell, here they are anyway, thanks to the stand-in work of Jill McLamb Barefoot and her husband David on Jill's Facebook page.  As I mentioned last week, they have 20 children - and I promise, next week I will show all of them to you, with help from some very special guests.  (Labell is the brother of Alonzo and therefore is also a great-uncle of B.W.)

No comments:

Post a Comment