Saturday, December 12, 2009

Near-namesake war hero in flag flap

I rarely, if ever, give out news from real life, but I had to include this story once I saw it online. The subject's name is one letter off from my main character and I understand that the surnames have similar meaning.

Second Lieutenant Van T. Barfoot (U.S. Army retired), a World War II veteran and winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, has been ordered by a homeowners' association in Virginia to stop flying the American flag over his house. This is an outrageous development and I encourage Barfoot to fight this every step of the way!

The article for which I became aware of the story is here. This also includes a link to the Congressional Medal of Honor Society, which also posted 2nd Lt. Barfoot's story and thousands of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment