Saturday, September 5, 2009

What's ahead on this site

I have not posted in a little over a week, so some of you may have wondered what happened to me.

The answer is, nothing really. I have been trying to take it easy in one of the worst heat waves the Los Angeles area has ever seen, as of Friday it was 90 degrees plus on nine consecutive days. Not to mention the Station Fire resulting in images similar to that of nuclear destruction.

Also, I have been thinking about where to go with this blog.

The next big idea in my mind is a weekly column called "From the Porch." Here, Buddy (or sometimes a guest character) will talk about life in my little corner of Heaven. You'll see just how different life in the world to come is compared to what life is like now. Then again, are things that much easier when everything is taken care of? Sometime this weekend, I resolve to start this new feature.

In addition: At some point this month, I will talk about a controversial topic: the Confederate flag, or more correctly the Cross of St. George flag. Why do Idealians rally behind a symbol so controversial that states displaying it are now denied the opportunity to host major college sports championships? And those people include a substantial population descended from African-Americans, the very group that is supposed to be the most offended.

Have a great holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment