Saturday, December 16, 2017

NASCAR Dream Season still on hold, won't be posted here - but where?

I've had another change of heart on the NASCAR Dream Season project.  I am far from finished in compiling the information I need.  Furthermore, I have concluded that this blog isn't a perfect fit for presenting it, either.

Right now, I am still trying to calculate the numbers required for the race results, and I am focused on that.  At my current pace of about three hours a day, five days a week, it will take at least two months to complete, ending it just around the start of the Daytona speedweeks to open the 2018 season (climaxing in the historic 60th running of the Daytona 500; tickets available online here.).

Later, I will go back to the race result pages from the last five years to figure out more information I need to write complete summaries.  That will take even more time.

During this break, I have decided that I want to re-focus the blog on direct information and concepts related to the Barefoot family farm characters.  I don't know when the mood will strike in that area, but when it does this will definitely be the place it will be posted.

As for the NASCAR summaries, I have two options:
*I could put the results on a second, separate blog if Blogger allows me to do so for this purpose.
*I could record videos (my Dell Inspiron has a webcam, but I've never used it since I bought it in August 2016) and then post it to my YouTube channel (not updated since 2014).

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

A P.S. to stratonascar: Thanks for your new Google+ account and following me as you looked forward to seeing the summaries.  I know that you live in northern California, and I hope you buy tickets to the next race at Sonoma and enjoy yourself.

1 comment:

  1. That's a Good Idea however the NASCAR Summaries you will be dealing with you must use NR2003 Season from Papyrus for the MENC17 Mod or a new 2018 Mod from Sim Racing Design, #JustThinking

    ReplyDelete