Friday, December 11, 2015

Hambone the hunter: Part deux

Earlier this year, I placed Hambone on the set of Duck Dynasty, a real A&E television series starring the Robertson family of West Monroe, LA.  I placed her in camouflage as she prepared to go on the set as a special guest star.

This time, I have created another photo montage related to Hambone's "appearance" on that episode, in which she joins the male stars of the series in an actual duck hunt on the family's expansive property.

I began by uploading the appropriate picture found on one of the photo albums maintained on the show's official website into Photoshop.  Then I replaced some blank space on the right side by duplicating Jep's image, then placing Hambone's face on top of it.  On her face, she wears the same camouflage makeup that Jep does; I used the clone stamp tool to spread it all the way through.  Her cap is the same as worn by Brittany Barefoot of Greenwood, SC in a picture I've used a lot; it looked dark in the original picture, so I increased both brightness and contrast so it would look more like the head coverings worn by the Robertsons.  Lake D'Arbonne is an artificial lake close to the family property; it was created by a dam on the Ouachita River.

Here is the result of the merger of real and made-up TV star families.


No comments:

Post a Comment