Saturday, April 18, 2015

Start of a big Photoshop weekend

With my return from spring break in Las Vegas (I did not have as wild of a time there as a lot of other people have, but I saw Blue Man Group at its third different Vegas location and was part of a piano bar party at New York-New York on the last night of my trip; sadly, Blondie [the make-believe one] didn't perform), I come back with the first of two posts this weekend dealing with personal Photoshop projects.

Up first is a new version of my Little Boy Records publicity poster.  This time I refer to Brittany Raylene by her "real" last name, to reflect how I feel about her in my heart.  Remember that I created the character due to my disillusionment with Britney Spears, the Louisiana country girl who strayed from her roots to become a provocative pop tart.  (Oh, by the way, Britney's got a Vegas connection too: a residency show at Planet Hollywood.)  This was more difficult than it looks: I had to isolate the original text from a static photo, erase the text, clone some of the "stars" back in, type "SPEARS," and resize it to match the original on a separate layer.  Fortunately, the same font I used to create the first version is also available in what I use at home.

A few weeks ago, I also dressed up Buddy Wayne as an Elvis impersonator.  I have stated that Elvis Presley is one of B.W.'s musical heroes, and this was his favorite Halloween costume as well.  The suit portion comes from a picture of a local impressionist in North Carolina I found in The Daily Record (Dunn, NC); I resized the head to match the proportion.


For my next post (hopefully late Saturday or early Sunday), I will present my biggest project ever - a colorized photo on a bucolic background with a whopping 35 people pictured.

No comments:

Post a Comment