Saturday, November 29, 2014

Another view of mother and son

It's been two weeks since I posted here, as I was merely waiting for the right opportunity to dive back in.

I dusted off my Photoshop CC program about a week ago.  I had hoped to chain the Barefoot Moms' Club quilting photograph (first one below) to one more closely resembling the original picture it came from (second one below).  Although the result - by way of "makeup" layers - gave them a more realistic look that the exaggerated effect of using their original pictures (Jennifer's look is especially cartoonish), it unfortunately does not address how different my characters are compared to those depicted originally.  So I had to abandon the work without saving it.




Then I thought back to my book, and one photo I wish was there.  Specifically, I would have removed the full-page photo of the person who was the basis of Belinda and put it in its place another that featured Brenda.  The only thing I could think of to do in just a few minutes' time - which I did early this morning - was to take a picture of her with her son and best friend, Buddy Wayne.  The setting is beautiful and the overall look is, well, barefoot innocence.

Backdrop: Steve Caplin, How to Cheat in Photoshop 6; female body picture: In Wonderland with Alice; male body picture: either Jethro or Homer (probably Homer), a bluegrass duo from a record, Barefoot Ballads, they made in the 1970s; female face, Kim Blitchington; male face, Bubba Britton.  Hue and saturation adjustments matched the faces with the bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment